As the door slammed, I knew bill was late to school he was always late but I didn’t know why? I had been his friend for 3 years now. There are infant reasons why he’s late, I used to think all night he was saving the world, got tired and accidently forgot he had school. And one time I thought he was abducted by aliens. Eventually I knew those couldn’t happen so then I thought he suddenly woke up with his head in the clouds. I guess I will never know the reason why he’s late I’ll have to ask.
Voice echos, purple dim
Smell of brand new. Untouched brim
Adventure that lay inside,
Excitement and pride.
Colours splashed everywhere.
Joy fills the air.
I am the son who is mischievous
I am the eldest brother who is not mature
I am the artist who imagines his drawing
I am the climber who challenges himself
I am the cousin how cares for his family
I am the gamer who randomly causes caos
I am the student who enjoys maths
I am the reader who loves comic books
I am ME who likes being called DECLAN
Once I was sleeping when suddenly I heard a screeching noise, originally I thought it was nothing but then it got louder. I investigated the noise and found a figure with long screechy claws and bright hypnotic red eyes. I turned the light on revealing the rest of his body and found rough metal arms. Salty tears ran down my cheeks. I trebled. He took a step and I panicked and ran, he slowly approached me then suddenly it went dark. The sun began to rise and the eyes were gone but without a shiver creating sentence “I’ll be back”
I found it interesting when rowan mentioned charles was his imaginary friend I never thought of it like that but it doesn’t make sense because charles wasn’t really an imaginary friend. it was a different name for himself.
I found it interesting when charlie mentioned the mum was the main character because it was her point of view. it makes sense but it is very unusual
I wrapped the Scarlet cushion around my head because the annoying violin was being played. My mum demanded I water the plants and do my homework. At the time I didn’t think those were important so I played videogames. The next day came and awoke mum, she had found her dead flower. I had a feeling today wouldn’t be very good. I had forgotten to do my homework so I had to stay in, play time for me, and class was connected to homework so I had no idea what they were talking about. But lucky tomorrow was Friday
- Themes are abstract nouns: This storey helps me understand love and what it’s like to lose someone close to you. I clearly noticed this when it said “He is also the reason why I know the true definition of love.” And when it said “I would not ever cry more than I did that night. Loving someone that is gone forever is one of the hardest things you can do”.
- Themes are important human issues: The author wants us to talk about how Charlotte Rose and Joseph Bryant felt about Joseph dying from cancer. People get very upset when they lose something they were attached to. I saw this best when it said “You can still love them, but you can never hear their laugh again or see their smile or hold their hand”.
- Stories apply to many readers: people who have lost someone close to them and people experiencing cancer would get the most from this storey. Parents/siblings of a dead/dying kid would connect to the storey.
- Events represent ideas: this sentence “on his last day, when he was really having a hard time, the nurses warned us that Joseph might not be getting better and the hospital was only able to do so much to help him” I think has a figurative meaning of no matter how hard you try everything must come to an end. Even though we know this we still try our hardest, we still expect we/they will pull though. “Joseph was also the strongest person I’ve ever met. Even if he was in complete pain, he would always have a smile on his face.” Those sentences I think might be connected to the concept of no matter how hard you try everything must come to an end.
- Experience evolves in patterns: In most of the storey we’d finally get used to an event then they’d give us some new devastating news. This might represent that life isn’t always calm there are problems in life and we just have to deal with them.
- Fiction is instructional: The author saying it’s hard to lose someone close to you and you will do everything you can and will comfort them until the end. They could of included the parents trying to comfort the children and their emotions.
Here is the storey Joseph Bryant storey
Crash, Bang, Clutter a shiver went down my spine. My head tucked under the covers and I trembled. I creped out of bed heading towards mum and dad’s room, thinking they could help, but then the flash made me jump straight back to bed and under the covers again. I trembled once more, I silently shrieked and goosebumps were all over my arms and legs. Thunder had frightened me many times in the past but not today. I stuck my head out of the window and screamed at the top of my lungs “I’m not afraid of you anymore!”
- Rachel talked about her birthday.
- Mrs Price found the jumper.
- Rachel was accused that the jumper was hers.
- Phyllis Lopez remembers the red sweater is hers.
- Rachel went home and her family celebrated her birthday.
I had waited hours for this burger, I was starving I don’t why it took so long to get a seat. This place wasn’t that famous it lived near the darkest strangest creepiest ally and the shop was the smallest on the block but there were people lined up round the corner. I had to give it to them, it was the funkiest café for their waiters were on roller skates, it had a 80s of the future look. My burger had arrived, the burger sat there dripping from the sauce but it lacked tomatoes so it disappeared in bodiless newspaper hands. I was confused.